cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade AP's

upgrade AP's

jaouad_laktami
New Contributor

device update failed. I tried to reload the accespoint. Tried again to update. It is not working

i have on the accespoint version HiveOS 8.1r2a

i want top upgrade to version

8.2r4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hmm. Last trick I have up my sleeve would be to try to go do a different HiveOS first. Say 6.5r4. I was a big fan of it and still am for certain things.

I am unable to find 7.0r1 to try to put the same two images you have on your AP on one here to test. If I was a gambling man, I'd say that code was removed from the Aerohive download page for a reason and it may be the root of your problem.

As a last resort you may need to reach out to Aerohive directly for additional assistance. I'd be curious as to their fix though if you have to take this route.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hmm. Last trick I have up my sleeve would be to try to go do a different HiveOS first. Say 6.5r4. I was a big fan of it and still am for certain things.

I am unable to find 7.0r1 to try to put the same two images you have on your AP on one here to test. If I was a gambling man, I'd say that code was removed from the Aerohive download page for a reason and it may be the root of your problem.

As a last resort you may need to reach out to Aerohive directly for additional assistance. I'd be curious as to their fix though if you have to take this route.

jaouad_laktami
New Contributor

Thanks but it dot no work for me. still the same problem

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I don't think you can manually remove images off of partitions. Aerohive support may have a way however.

But what usually worked for me when I got that similar error was to reboot from the backup partition ("reboot backup" is the command from the CLI) and try the upgrade from that partition.

jaouad_laktami
New Contributor

AP505374# show version detail 

Copyright (c) 2006-2017 Aerohive Networks, Inc.

Running image:   Current version

Current version:  HiveOS 8.1r2a build-178408

Build host:     ci315

Build time:     Mon Oct 16 22:53:16 UTC 2017

Build by:      build

Build cookie:    1710161553-178408

Backup version:   HiveOS 7.0r1

Build time:     Wed Mar 30 04:31:11 UTC 2016

Load after reboot: Current version

Platform:      AP250

Bootloader ver:   v0.0.4.16

TPM ver:      v1.2.66.4

Uptime:       0 weeks, 0 days, 17 hours, 1 minutes, 15 seconds

How can i remove the backup version So it will install the latest version.

GTM-P2G8KFN