cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have 6 AP130's and NG. All lights on the AP's are orange but I can still connect to each of them and use the Internet. In the NG backend, they are all saying disconnected. Anyone have any ideas what is happening? Thanks :)

We have 6 AP130's and NG. All lights on the AP's are orange but I can still connect to each of them and use the Internet. In the NG backend, they are all saying disconnected. Anyone have any ideas what is happening? Thanks :)

g_stott
New Contributor
We have 6 AP130's and NG. All lights on the AP's are orange but I can still connect to each of them and use the Internet. In the NG backend, they are all saying disconnected. Anyone have any ideas what is happening? Thanks 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello Gareth,

The orange light is an indicator that the CAPWAP connection to the Hivemanager Server has been lost. The Aerohive devices communicate with the Hivemanager in ways listed in the 'Firewall Configuration Guide', but CAPWAP specifically is UDP over port 12222.

In the top right corner of NG, hover your cursor over your Account Name then click 'About Hivemanager'

If this is NG Cloud, you will see 'Firewall Configuration Guide'

This guide should help rule out the Firewall.

Hope this helps,

David Souri

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

g_stott
New Contributor

Hello David

Thanks for your suggestion. It was the port that had been closed by the new ISP which was obviously open before without me having to ask which is why it had me puzzled.

🙂

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello Gareth,

The orange light is an indicator that the CAPWAP connection to the Hivemanager Server has been lost. The Aerohive devices communicate with the Hivemanager in ways listed in the 'Firewall Configuration Guide', but CAPWAP specifically is UDP over port 12222.

In the top right corner of NG, hover your cursor over your Account Name then click 'About Hivemanager'

If this is NG Cloud, you will see 'Firewall Configuration Guide'

This guide should help rule out the Firewall.

Hope this helps,

David Souri

GTM-P2G8KFN