cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have 9 AP's 250s within close proximity of one another some only 20-30ft apart

We have 9 AP's 250s within close proximity of one another some only 20-30ft apart

cforrest
New Contributor

I am wondering when the option "High Density Configuration" is required, and what affect this has on the AP reach and configuration . As the AP's sit on Auto power allocation I am wondering if they should be allowed to transmit at 16db in almost open space on their 5Ghz radio.

Also as 250's have been around for a while what benefits could we see on slightly higher models.

26 REPLIES 26

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That is correct with the settings you have now, but we'll want to try running scans with clients in power save mode too since we're not getting enough scans through to populate the data we need.

cforrest
New Contributor

So I am thinking it should Scan now when clients are connected, but is not scanning if it see's Power save mode clients or Voice traffic

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

There is a small chance that a background scan would cause a client disconnection, but this won't be a problem for the majority of clients on the market today. I would recommend unchecking the box next to "Connected clients are in power save mode" to start with, pushing that change out as a delta configuration update, waiting an hour, then sending me new tech data so I can see if we've improved.

cforrest
New Contributor

Hi Sam, so I guess here do we want Scans to happen when people are connected would this cause loss of service, what would help us ensure accurate data on the AP given the below is currently used , kind regards

19219ba6ceec4b06ba4eb4555e9d2596_0690c000006lL7tAAE.png

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that data. We are missing a majority of the background scans requested by the AP, which would explain the blank neighbor list. It also means most of the other data I would check is most likely out of date. I would recommend enabling background scans in as many situations as possible to get this data to populate.

GTM-P2G8KFN