cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have 9 AP's 250s within close proximity of one another some only 20-30ft apart

We have 9 AP's 250s within close proximity of one another some only 20-30ft apart

cforrest
New Contributor

I am wondering when the option "High Density Configuration" is required, and what affect this has on the AP reach and configuration . As the AP's sit on Auto power allocation I am wondering if they should be allowed to transmit at 16db in almost open space on their 5Ghz radio.

Also as 250's have been around for a while what benefits could we see on slightly higher models.

26 REPLIES 26

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You can send that directly to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com. I would recommend allowing background scans in all situations if you have power or channel selection set to Auto on the APs. The APs need the background scan in order to determine the best channel and power setting for the environment. If you have a static channel and power plan, you would be fine leaving background scans disabled.

cforrest
New Contributor

I have that tech Let me know where i can send it to regards

cforrest
New Contributor

HI Sam, how do I send you this direct for evaluation, as we also use MAC books 95% of the time Skip Background Scan When: Select from the following options:

Clients are connected: Clear to prevent an AP with connected clients from scanning channels. Disabled by default.

Connected clients are in power save mode: Select to allow an AP to scan channels when connected clients are in power save mode. You might want to disable this option if some clients (for example, MacBook 10.4.11), are experiencing intermittent connection issues when in power save mode. Enabled by default. (should we disable this, esp if clients stay on in the night)

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The neighbor list won't populate if we aren't getting background scans through. If you can send me tech data from an AP, I can tell you if we're getting background scans through or not.

Basic is a minimum requirement that the device needs to meet, Optional is a speed that is available but not required. Setting 12 and 24 to basic means a device will need to either meet 12Mbps or 24Mbps at minimum in order to connect/roam to this AP. Obviously if a device can meet 24Mbps, it can meet 12Mbps, but having the 12Mbps enabled as well gives slower devices the option to connect.

With your APs that close to each other I would strongly recommend a static power and channel plan and I would lower the power on the APs significantly so we can avoid overlapping signals.

cforrest
New Contributor

On review a few AP's show lack of ACSP, neighbors also I guess could this be why the AP's are all quite high possibly, I am wondering if it could be the code which I am due to update soon maybe ?

GTM-P2G8KFN