cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have 9 AP's 250s within close proximity of one another some only 20-30ft apart

We have 9 AP's 250s within close proximity of one another some only 20-30ft apart

cforrest
New Contributor

I am wondering when the option "High Density Configuration" is required, and what affect this has on the AP reach and configuration . As the AP's sit on Auto power allocation I am wondering if they should be allowed to transmit at 16db in almost open space on their 5Ghz radio.

Also as 250's have been around for a while what benefits could we see on slightly higher models.

26 REPLIES 26

cforrest
New Contributor

5153fbcedac3465a80d49dd0d2f5bb1c_0690c000006lKowAAE.pngCapture1

cforrest
New Contributor

Hi , these are the AP's (The one with the power 9 is the detail I shared, the adjacent AP's are the bottom entry (power 16) and the 3rd line showing (power 15), we use 40Mhz,

ashley_finch
Contributor III

The neighbor list isn't populating which is odd, can you see neighbors from any of the other APs? Have you got either DFS or UNII-3 channels enabled? With many APs in a small area if you don't have one of these enabled you may be getting co-channel interference.

Could you screenshot the hivemanager page with the channels/tx powers the APs are using?

cforrest
New Contributor

Hi All I see this on one of my AP's for example which is between two other APs literally 20ft either side of it in clear view

#show acsp neighbor

wifi0(7) ACSP neighbor list (0/384):

wifi1(8) ACSP neighbor list (0/384):

#show interface wifi1

AC=access category; be=best-effort; bg=background; vi=video; vo=voice;

AIFS=Arbitration Inter-Frame Space; Txoplimit=transmission opportunity limit;

IDP=Intrusion detection and prevention; BGSCAN=background scan; PS=Power save;

HT=High throughput; A-MPDU=Aggregate MAC protocol data unit;

DFS=Dynamic Frequency Selection; CU=Channel Utilization;

EIRP=Effective Isotropic Radiated Power (Transmit Power + Max Antenna Gain + Max TX Chains Gain);

Summary state=High collision;

This is on power 9, whereas two adjacent AP's either side 20ft away of it in an Open office are on 15/16 , I suspect this is being drowned ?

cforrest
New Contributor

Thanks Sam for this , as I am fairly new to Aerohive , I always thought you had only 1 of the speeds set to Basic, what is the relevance of the 2 .. ie 12 being set to Basic and 24 set to Basic.

GTM-P2G8KFN