cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have 9 AP's 250s within close proximity of one another some only 20-30ft apart

We have 9 AP's 250s within close proximity of one another some only 20-30ft apart

cforrest
New Contributor

I am wondering when the option "High Density Configuration" is required, and what affect this has on the AP reach and configuration . As the AP's sit on Auto power allocation I am wondering if they should be allowed to transmit at 16db in almost open space on their 5Ghz radio.

Also as 250's have been around for a while what benefits could we see on slightly higher models.

26 REPLIES 26

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, thank you for clarifying, that is a recommended configuration.

cforrest
New Contributor

Sorry might have been how I wrote above our 5ghz ..For 5Ghz , I have 6 N/A, 9 N/A, 12 Basic, 18 Optional, 24 Basic and all other optional is this a recommended configuration

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

For 5GHz there shouldn't be a 1 option, it should start with 6. For the 2.4GHz section, I usually recommend 1-9 be set to N/A.

cforrest
New Contributor

For 5Ghz , I have 6 N/A, 9 N/A, 12 Basic, 18 Optional, 24 Basic and all other optional, I am a little purplexed if you normally have 1 basic or not ..

ashley_finch
Contributor III

In the first article Sam has linked it says about disabling the lower data rates, this can also help with clients roaming between APs.

GTM-P2G8KFN