cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have a number of occasional issues where users are successfully connecting to our SSID but cannot get any internet connect. Users are getting the correct ip address but cant access the internet.

We have a number of occasional issues where users are successfully connecting to our SSID but cannot get any internet connect. Users are getting the correct ip address but cant access the internet.

jonathan_nathan
New Contributor
1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a few questions to start narrowing down where we should begin troubleshooting:

Is this issue affecting all SSIDs or just one?

Are all clients simultaneously affected?

When did this start occurring, or have clients never been able to connect via this SSID?

Where any changes made prior to the issue first occurring?

Finally, could you SSH in to an AP with this issue and perform a trace route? I'd like to see if we get traffic to the destination, and if not where the traffic stops. To do this we'll want to SSH in to the AP and run the command "tracert 8.8.8.8". If you'd like to email the results to me directly, my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

GTM-P2G8KFN