cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have an AP with the following errors. AP230 Networking: DHCP Server Unreachable/Incorrect Static IP or Gateway. I also collect TechData Note: had 2 new 250 AP's added to the area to expand coverage. any thoughts other than replacing the AP.

We have an AP with the following errors. AP230 Networking: DHCP Server Unreachable/Incorrect Static IP or Gateway. I also collect TechData Note: had 2 new 250 AP's added to the area to expand coverage. any thoughts other than replacing the AP.

mwomack
New Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

mwomack
New Contributor

Ashley,

Thanks for the direction. After running the VLan probe. I notice a few of our VLANS were not being identified. We have 8 SSID's and only one was identified. Therefore I had to look at out switch configuration. Old IT Thinking (what changed?) We add new Aruba 2930 Switches along with Clearpass. Opposite of Cisco , I had to untagged ports needed for those VLAN/SSID's.

Thanks

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Replacing AP would be my last thought from that message. If the DHCP server is unreachable I'd run a VLAN probe (via tools tab) on the AP230 for the client VLANs in that area. Normally the client is being put onto a VLAN that doesn't exist at a switch level or one that does not have a DHCP server on.

Are you using different VLANs (or VLANs other than 1) on the user profiles? Are all APs using this VLAN in this area?

GTM-P2G8KFN