cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have the XR200P handling our DHCP for clients, how do I set a DHCP Reservation for a specific device?

We have the XR200P handling our DHCP for clients, how do I set a DHCP Reservation for a specific device?

dmc
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We don't have a reservation feature in HiveManager yet, but I'd be happy to submit a feature request for you. In the mean time, the closest we're going to get is going to be creating the DHCP pool on the XR, reserving a certain number of addresses at the start of the pool or end of the pool or both. Then you can be sure these addresses aren't being handed out and we can statically set the addresses for the devices you wanted to reserve these addresses for. It won't automatically assigned these addresses based on MAC address, so it's not quite the same thing, but I think that would be the best option we have available now. Please let me know if you would like me to submit the feature request for this on your behalf (or you can submit feedback directly to our Engineering team by clicking on the chat bubble icon on the right hand side of most pages).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

bryan_adams
New Contributor

Howdy Sam - any update on this much-needed feature?

DHCP reservations (MAC-based) are a fairly common & standard request.

It's a bit disappointing I can do this on my home router, and the one "free" from ISP, but not on Aerohive kit?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I checked in on the feature request and it is still pending but hasn't been implemented yet. Please feel free to check in with me again later on and I will check back in on the request for you.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Sam, any update to this feature request? Thanks

technical
New Contributor

Really? I recall that in HMOL Classic it was possible to upload a CSV with MAC addresses / reserved IP addresses pairs and thus reserve the specific IP addresses to the corresponding devices.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We don't have a reservation feature in HiveManager yet, but I'd be happy to submit a feature request for you. In the mean time, the closest we're going to get is going to be creating the DHCP pool on the XR, reserving a certain number of addresses at the start of the pool or end of the pool or both. Then you can be sure these addresses aren't being handed out and we can statically set the addresses for the devices you wanted to reserve these addresses for. It won't automatically assigned these addresses based on MAC address, so it's not quite the same thing, but I think that would be the best option we have available now. Please let me know if you would like me to submit the feature request for this on your behalf (or you can submit feedback directly to our Engineering team by clicking on the chat bubble icon on the right hand side of most pages).

GTM-P2G8KFN