cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have the XR200P handling our DHCP for clients, how do I set a DHCP Reservation for a specific device?

We have the XR200P handling our DHCP for clients, how do I set a DHCP Reservation for a specific device?

dmc
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We don't have a reservation feature in HiveManager yet, but I'd be happy to submit a feature request for you. In the mean time, the closest we're going to get is going to be creating the DHCP pool on the XR, reserving a certain number of addresses at the start of the pool or end of the pool or both. Then you can be sure these addresses aren't being handed out and we can statically set the addresses for the devices you wanted to reserve these addresses for. It won't automatically assigned these addresses based on MAC address, so it's not quite the same thing, but I think that would be the best option we have available now. Please let me know if you would like me to submit the feature request for this on your behalf (or you can submit feedback directly to our Engineering team by clicking on the chat bubble icon on the right hand side of most pages).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

dustin_kettner
New Contributor

Any update? We need this feature!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That's a great suggestion, unfortunately we don't have a public facing list at this time. I will bring this up with my management team to see if it's something we could put together and I'll keep you updated on that.

bryan_adams
New Contributor

Thanks Sam, appreciate your prompt & forthright reply, and understand.

Is there a publicly-accessible "feature requests" list anywhere for these?

I realise the feature list is gonna be VERY "subject to change"due to the acquisition, but I would suggest then it's even more important to provide this info to customers?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Bryan, thanks for checking in. Unfortunately with the acquisition a lot of the feature requests are going to be put on hold while we merge systems. There hasn't been any update on that particular request. I'm sorry I don't have better news.

GTM-P2G8KFN