cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We sometimes have guests on our Guest Wi-Fi and they attempt to VPN outbound to their company.

We sometimes have guests on our Guest Wi-Fi and they attempt to VPN outbound to their company.

paul_specht
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for clarifying. Unless you have an IP firewall set up in the User Profile to block this traffic, we wouldn't be stopping these connections. I did find this article that might be helpful- https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/46667a11-5a49-4549-9e18-7d07e8001c35/error-789-when-trying-to-establish-l2tp-vpn-connection?forum=w7itpronetworking

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The only options we have are going to be under the Reports tab in the HiveManager, but those don't get all that granular. I would recommend a packet capture for that kind of data observation rather than a report in the HiveManager.

paul_specht
New Contributor

Sam,

Thank you.

Is there any where or how can I log client traffic on the Aerohives so I can see where they are going, or if the IP firewall is blocking them?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for clarifying. Unless you have an IP firewall set up in the User Profile to block this traffic, we wouldn't be stopping these connections. I did find this article that might be helpful- https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/46667a11-5a49-4549-9e18-7d07e8001c35/error-789-when-trying-to-establish-l2tp-vpn-connection?forum=w7itpronetworking

paul_specht
New Contributor

Sam,

Thank you, but I am NOT trying to block it. We sometimes have visitors who we are working with that need this access back to their companies.

They get a generic "Error 789: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer."

They claim they can connect from their hotel no problem.

GTM-P2G8KFN