cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of performance to expect on AP150W?

What kind of performance to expect on AP150W?

aerohive80
New Contributor

I just installed 3 AP150W's and have only managed to get 150 Mbit out of them, as the CPU just pegs. I'm using HiveManager Connect, and even SSHd in and turned off QOS. There's definitely more RF performance to be had, as one would expect from a device with this kind of radios, I just am not seeing how to get it out of them.

4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hard to say what it is, but that lines up with what we're seeing in the "show acsp neighbor" display, that we have very loud neighboring clients. Unfortunately since we don't control all of those neighboring devices, the most we can do is adjust the power on the Aerohive devices to try to find the best balance.

aerohive80
New Contributor

Well, it's definitely an interference problem. I've never seen anything that looks like this before. Looks quite a lot like a jammer of some description?

9a1edb72fa494adb934dcfb5d6a7293a_0690c000007EHkoAAG.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-24 at 8.52.30 AM

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that tech data. I sent you a more detailed explanation via email but overall we're seeing high interference levels in the form of loud neighboring signals and high CRC failure rates. I also sent some suggestions on how to adjust for these factors to improve the wireless signal. Please let me know if I can clarify or expand on anything.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Would you be able to send tech data from one of the 150Ws so I can see what settings we have in play now and what the RF environment looks like?

This guide reviews how to get tech data via the CLI of the AP, as Connect does not offer it through the GUI- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Collecting-Tech-Data-via-CLI  

Please feel free to email the tech data directly to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com.

GTM-P2G8KFN