cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

When you have two allocated RADSEC AP's what happens when one of them has an issue, does it prevent users connecting to an SSID which uses RADIUS, or does the secondary one automatically take control etc for my clear understanding.

When you have two allocated RADSEC AP's what happens when one of them has an issue, does it prevent users connecting to an SSID which uses RADIUS, or does the secondary one automatically take control etc for my clear understanding.

cforrest
New Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

No worries at all, I'm happy to answer any questions you have. You are correct, the HiveManager isn't needed to pass client traffic, the APs are designed to work as normal with or without the HiveManager connection. The APs would still need to be able to reach the internet though, so a full outage for your site where we can't get traffic past your default gateway would cause the APs to stop passing traffic as well.

cforrest
New Contributor

Lastly, so in the event you have an internet outage when the AP's cannot ping the hive manager, do Authentications go direct from each AP, sorry for the ongoing query. Kind regards

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

There are keep-alive messages between the AP and the HiveManager, called echos. If the AP misses a few echos in a row, it's considered disconnected until it responds again. It would need to miss a few Radsec requests, but that should take a few seconds at most so the roll over would be fairly quick.

cforrest
New Contributor

Is their any fail-over time between RADproxy AP's, just for a clear understanding , so if one of your proxy APs simply stopped responding does the other take over once it considers the other AP dead, does it have keepalives between them or something

GTM-P2G8KFN