cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why aren't my Enable Multicast Drop exclusions staying disabled?

Why aren't my Enable Multicast Drop exclusions staying disabled?

nhaffen
New Contributor

I turned on Enable Multicast Drop for one of our SSIDs. It seems to be working, however, I noticed that IPv6 discovery and IGMP query packets still flowing through. The default is to leave those packets as exclusions, but I unchecked the boxes so that those items would not be excluded. However, when I look back at the SSID settings, those boxes are still checked. If I un-check them, then save and close, when I go back, they're checked again. I cannot get the un-check to save. I tried a couple different web browsers. Any ideas as to why these exclusions aren't staying disabled? I also tried disabling one exclusion at a time, and disabling other exclusions. The only thing that stays is the default, which is all exclusions are checked except MDNS. The MDNS box is the only thing that actually saves when I check or uncheck it.

7 REPLIES 7

hieu_nguyentron
New Contributor

@Nick Lowe​ . 2 options in SSID profile Enable Non-Essential Broadcast Filtering & Enable Multicast Drop.

Does have any CLI for functioning on HiveOS 8.2r4 AP250?

nlowe
New Contributor III

Regrettably, customising this here does not currently function.

jgraham
New Contributor III

Does it still apply the settings to drop things and just does not display correctly?

nlowe
New Contributor III

This is happening because of a bug in the HiveManager UI. We'll fix it with a future update.

GTM-P2G8KFN