cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Channel / Wifi Power showing DOWN on both radios

Wifi Channel / Wifi Power showing DOWN on both radios

bauer3m
New Contributor II

Regardless of profile change and/or manual setting of the radio channel and power, the state of both radios remains DOWN. The AP is successfully connected to the Hivemanager and I am able to send reset commands to the AP through the portal...Does anyone know what to look for in the logs indicating a radio failure? Thanks in advance. I can post logs if needed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bauer3m
New Contributor II

Sam,

Thank you for your response...While following up on an RMA ticket I had for other units, the agent I was speaking with was able to resolve my issue....For some reason, that particular AP had all the SSID broadcasts off resulting in a DOWN state on both radios....Not sure how that one specifically got changed, but the issue is resolved now! Thanks.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hmm. If you SSH into the AP, and run a show interface, what is the output? What is the output of show acsp? I find it odd that neither radio are transmitting your SSIDs.

thomas_gasser
New Contributor

Brian,

the SSIDs are both checked in the SSID Allocation submenu.

I tried to deselct/select, but it's still not working.

So probably I have another problem, I'm gonna try to contact the support directly.

Thanks

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Thomas,

You can edit the selected AP and go under Optional Settings. Look for an SSID Allocation submenu and expand it. From here, you can select/deselect SSIDs per radio to enable/disable. I believe that is what Matt was referring to.

The Hide SSID simply removes the SSID name from beacon frames. The SSID still broadcasts with/without that checked. It will just go from visible to not visible on devices but if you know the SSID name and the authentication method to connect to it, you could still join it.

thomas_gasser
New Contributor

Hi,

I have the same issue.

The box "Hide SSID (Stealth)" is not checked on the Network Policy.

And on the AP itself the SSID is allocated.

Is there another way to activate the SSID broadcasts?

Many thanks

bauer3m
New Contributor II

Sam,

Thank you for your response...While following up on an RMA ticket I had for other units, the agent I was speaking with was able to resolve my issue....For some reason, that particular AP had all the SSID broadcasts off resulting in a DOWN state on both radios....Not sure how that one specifically got changed, but the issue is resolved now! Thanks.

GTM-P2G8KFN