cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would a Aerohive Router (like XR200P) work well as a home firewall router?

Would a Aerohive Router (like XR200P) work well as a home firewall router?

cargeek
New Contributor

Looking to upgrade my home setup with quality gear, replacing my Apple Airport Router and Wireless with potentially an Aerohive XR200P router + a couple AP150W wall access points (house is already wired for ethernet).

Would this work well as a solution?

Does the XR200P router have a DHCP server (for other devices on wired and wireless network)?

Trying to buy as few devices as possible for a reliable and long service life network.

Thanks in advance for all of your help and comments.

Wes

2 REPLIES 2

cargeek
New Contributor

Thank you for your fast response. This is very helpful information. So my network doesn't get too complicated, I could install a simple router in between the XR200P and the internet modem.

As a follow up question, as the XR200P has only 2 PoE ports, moving up to the XR600P would give me more PoE ports (4), but with the extra functionality does the XR600P have the ability to set DHCP reservations for device MAC addresses?

Thanks in advance.

michael_bernard
New Contributor

"While it can be used in this manner, it is primarily meant to be used for VPN implementation. The XR200P can provide DHCP services, however it does not have the ability to set DCHP reservations for device MAC addresses.

GTM-P2G8KFN