cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect modules missing on one Extreme Manager Server version 7.1.1.9

Connect modules missing on one Extreme Manager Server version 7.1.1.9

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II
Hi, I've gor two installation of Extreme Management server both upgraded to the latest version 7.1.1.9, but on one of them there are all the latest connect modules as show in this scrennshot

83fc9c5c586f4781b31fe544c75a47a3_RackMultipart20170609-119177-1vqthdz-EC_Version2_inline.gif

but on the second one there are less connect modules and the most of them are not present as shown in this screeenshot:

83fc9c5c586f4781b31fe544c75a47a3_RackMultipart20170609-80198-f8wx6w-Connect_inline.gif

This second server is the same of the demokit that I've upgraded to version 7.1.1.9 because I want to test the configuration with the DIstributed IPS connect module, but this module is missing after the upgrade.

Why this strange behaviour?

Thanks,
Antonio

7 REPLIES 7

Ferrer__Salvado
New Contributor
looks like an issue with the install-upgrade process in EMC. The software is there, just not visible for the UI.

A quick fix could be to take the fusion.xml file from the clean install and copy it to the other system. The file is located (if my memory serves me well...:)) in /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/jboss/server/default/conf/fusion/fusion.xml

Then restart EMC after copying the file.

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II
Is there no manner to reinstall on this server only the Connect version 3.02-3?
If I look on the download page for the OF Connect, in the download page there are only the old versions because now this component is already present in the Extreme Management installation.

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
I believe there is different ExtremeConnect (OFC) version installed in those two instances. The Demokit images are usually tuned for some specific demo purposes. If you install the original image of Management Center (NetSight) you will have the same modules.

There are also some config files you can modify to create/delete your ExtremeConnect modules.
Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN