Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneFabric Connect API in XMC 8.4

OneFabric Connect API in XMC 8.4

LeoKurz
New Contributor

Hello,

I wrote a couple of (PowerShell-)scripts in an earlier version of XMC. I haven’t used them for a while and now, after upgrading t XMC 8.4 they don’t work anymore. Even the URLs don’t exist anymore. One call would be https://<IP>:8443/axis/services/NACEndSystemWebService/getAllNamedLists but this can’t be accessed anymore. What am I doing wrong? Different URL? Anything to configure in XMC? I would need the access pretty quick as I have to do some mass operation really urgent..

Thanx

__Leo!

5 REPLIES 5

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Leo,

I’ve been working with that API recently after a long break since 8.1 or 8.2, I saw that REST calls to one particular method of NACEndSystemWebService began to fail. The mainstream approach is to move to NBI (GraphQL, JSON over REST, I don’t know how to actually define that mix of terms) AFAIU.

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/XMC_API/NBI/8.4_EA/index.html

What is cool in that, you either send a query or a mutation and within you specify what API component you refer to, and what exact data you wish to pull/modify, no longer fixed bulky request/response schemes.

If you need any advice on switching to this approach, let us know.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Hi.
the API works for me at XMC 8.5.0 (GA version). I am not aware of any changes in the AXIS API.

ff4fd732c6c1438fb03c9eb25c3183e1_5133944c-2ef0-462f-bafa-d308a25d6e15.png

Please check the license. you need NMS-ADV-

Regards Zdeněk Pala

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Leo,

I’m unable to answer this question.

If it is urgent go trough GTAC

Mig

LeoKurz
New Contributor

Hi,

thanx for your answer. I don’t know about the license, but I can see/use the connect API. What I’m looking fpr is the OneFabric Connect API witch IMHO is different. In the Connect API, you don’t find the geAllNamedLists call e.g.

__Leo

GTM-P2G8KFN