Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLX/EFA BFD session down logs missing

SLX/EFA BFD session down logs missing

Alberto_Oter
New Contributor II

Hello experts,

Working with SLX/EFA I'm experiencing some BDF flaps but I cannot see the events of session DOWN/UP at the #show logging raslog, is there a way to check this SNMP events somewhere else?

Or maybe a file where all the SNMP events are saved? or do I need to enable somewhere this kind of logs?

I was thinking this SNMP events were fake but checking the interface Uptime the flaps were real, now I need to track and monitor this behavior to resolve if an issue exists.  

Thanks in advance for your comments.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Truyen_Phan
Extreme Employee

When the BFD session changes state, you should see the below in the raslog: 

BFD-1001 - for up event

BFD-1002 - for down event

Did you try searching to see if you see any of the BFD-1001 or BFD-1002 messages? For ex: 'show logging raslog | inc BFD-1002'? 

No, SNMP events are not saved in a file. 

The raslog is used to monitor and track the BFD events. To see why the BFD session state changes are not being logged, GTAC would need to analyze the supportsave from the SLX. I recommend to open a case with GTAC investigate this further. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Truyen_Phan
Extreme Employee

When the BFD session changes state, you should see the below in the raslog: 

BFD-1001 - for up event

BFD-1002 - for down event

Did you try searching to see if you see any of the BFD-1001 or BFD-1002 messages? For ex: 'show logging raslog | inc BFD-1002'? 

No, SNMP events are not saved in a file. 

The raslog is used to monitor and track the BFD events. To see why the BFD session state changes are not being logged, GTAC would need to analyze the supportsave from the SLX. I recommend to open a case with GTAC investigate this further. 

Hi Truyen,

Yes, that's exactly what I expected to find in the raslog, but is not in there, I confirmed that.

So I think I need to open a ticket then. Thanks for your response.

Regards 

GTM-P2G8KFN