Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDX6730 password lost after upgrade

VDX6730 password lost after upgrade

Laura_Pineiro
New Contributor
Hello

I had upgraded two VDX6730 to version 4.1.3d. They were before at 3.0.1aa. During the upgrade I received some logs related to user admin and super changed parameters.
After the Upgrade was completed, I'm not able to connect to the management port. I get an authentication error.
I ran a debug at the radius server and I saw the authentication request wasn't arriving to the server.
I tested with the default credentials:
admin/password and super/password but it didn't worked either.

Is it there any other user/password I can try?

The switches are installed in another place, so I will like to know if there's another way (other than console connection and reset password procedure) to have access to the switch.

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12

TechHelp24
New Contributor II
the suggested procedure work in most case, you need after login to review the AAA settings.
I remember there was some change in NOS Generation from 3.x to 4.x in some command settings.

Laura_Pineiro
New Contributor

yes because the switches in the production network are at 4.1.3, so I will not have this problem. I already upgrade the VCS cluster (6710, 6730 and 6740) at the lab network and everything went fine. They were at 4.1.3 also. The VDX with the auth problem are from backup network, almost every server in that network are standby, and as I said everything work fine.

The cluster VCS at production network is VDX6740T, and my request for upgrade version path to Extreme Network support team, was related to this specifics servers.

Answering your question, yes I have AAA configured. For the test you're recommending, I have to wait to have someone there.

Thanks in advance.

Yulia_Abitbul
Extreme Employee

You are right

TechHelp24
New Contributor II
@Laura,

from output above, just a stupid question..... did you have AAA authentication configured ?

if yes, try follow. disconnet the LAN cable from management port, wait for 20 minutes, connect a serial cable and try again.

as fair as I remember there was not suggested from Brocade to upgrade from any 3.0.x in one step to 4.1.x or higher.
GTM-P2G8KFN