cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure SPAN / IP mirroring in NOS?

hh66
New Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Truyen_Phan
Extreme Employee

By default, the current TCAM hardware profile allocates TCAM resources for standard implementation with the most common features. Changing the TCAM profile to  "IPV4-V6-QOS" will re-allocate more TCAM rosources for IPv4/v6 and QoS traffic. 

If you are on version 7.x or higher, you can run the below two commands to get the differences and how the TCAM will change from one profile to the other. 

sw0# show hardware-profile tcam defaultsw0# show hardware-profile tcam ipv4-v6-qos

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

hh66
New Contributor

Thank you very much!

Truyen_Phan
Extreme Employee

By default, the current TCAM hardware profile allocates TCAM resources for standard implementation with the most common features. Changing the TCAM profile to  "IPV4-V6-QOS" will re-allocate more TCAM rosources for IPv4/v6 and QoS traffic. 

If you are on version 7.x or higher, you can run the below two commands to get the differences and how the TCAM will change from one profile to the other. 

sw0# show hardware-profile tcam defaultsw0# show hardware-profile tcam ipv4-v6-qos

hh66
New Contributor

Thinks, I found this article earlier .I want to know what the impact of changing this will be. 

c064d186469c4327aa131f589f210b39_64dcc831-cf4b-4952-a8d6-8dff19b650eb.png

Truyen_Phan
Extreme Employee

If you are looking to SPAN a certain IP/Flow, please see page 40 of the same monitoring manual. 

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/networkos/SW/74x/nos-740-monitoring.pdf

Flow-based SPAN selectively mirrors the traffic coming on the source port that matches an ACL-based filter to a destination port, which can be a local node or remote node to support RSPAN.

if you are looking to do bi-directional capture, see the below KB to change the TCAM hardware profile.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/How-should-I-get-Egress-traffic-to-work-using...

GTM-P2G8KFN