Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2Policy License

B2Policy License

LeoP1
Contributor
Hi guys,

I'm trying to help solve an odd issue with B2 series Policy for a customer and I'm only allowed to run tests out of working hours (after midnight), it's a bit complex...

As a partner, I have a B2H124-48 here in my lab, but with no policy license, so I can't replicate the customer's environment and try some debugging/replicating the problem without messing with customer's operation or working after midnight.

As there's no option to ask for a demo license on the extranet, Is there any way to get a "trial" license to help with this issue?

Best regards,

-Leo
10 REPLIES 10

Ryan_Mathews
Extreme Employee
Lots of great collaboration, honesty and trust in this thread. Thanks for putting your purple passion on display guys. The Hub Community is better for it.

Good stuff!

LeoP1
Contributor
Hi Mike, Paul and Jeremy,

Thanks for your kind words and all your efforts to help me!

For me, our partnership is made from actions, trust, loyalty and focus on make things work, and this is an excellent example of how a great team (me and Jeremy aren't Extreme employees, but I'm very sure he will agree with me, we feel part of the Extreme Team) can fight and win: Together we WIN!

I appreciate too much the hard work and commitment with us, partners and customers, of all you guys up there (I was at Extreme in Salem on the last Oct with my friend Robert, but unfortunately I haven't the opportunity to talk to you in person).

Let me "steal" some words from Bob Gault: This is the example of how we can "MAKE IT HAPPEN!"

Thanks you again!

Best Regards,

-Leo

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
Now that's what I'm talking about. Thumbs up and hats off to you sir.

Mike_D
Extreme Employee
Hello Leo,

As you recently found the b2 policy eval licensing is unavailable and the software tool used to generate evals was little more than a memory when the Extreme merger took place.

As Paul notes, the software to generate a b2 license for purchase has been retired for quite some time as well.

Being a Hub community fan and a fellow support enthusiast, I poked at all my best technical contacts. Product Management types are not archivist fans it turns out. No joy there. I also struck out in SQA. Those folks forget about code they've tested before I even see it in the field. Goose egg.

The dev's who handled b2 and related listened sympathetically to my concern about your midnight troubleshoot/support trip (bleh) but scratched their heads when I asked to be directed to 'the guy'. There's no guy.

I returned to the support lab empty handed, grousing to my team mates about the unjust treatment received at each turn.

And guess what - turns out a senior guy the support organization knows a guy who knows a guy who can make this happen!

Yeah, I made you read all that to get to this 
I think we can work something out. Just for the record and as you would expect, no charges involved -
Not that it much matters - but sounds as though the available software generates permanent license only. no downside, was just luck of the draw.

I vouched for your creds - no hesitation: a longtime community member as well as history as a trusted partner. Not to mention you're a fellow support enthusiast with values similar to my own. Sleep=good 🙂

I or another Purple person will be in touch with further license details. It may take a day or two. I have to come up with a ripe Clementine for 'the guy'. But it wont be long.
Had I not stumbled into the right person while still in a griping mood, that guy/gal would have eventually seen your request on the Hub and taken action. Or someone else would have picked up the thread.
Yet another reason I dig the Hub community: a user can submit or exchange an idea, a request, share a solution, experience, or gripe nearly real time. that makes life easier.

regards
Mike D

Paul_Poyant
New Contributor III
The B2POL-LIC policy license is no longer avalaible for purchase or eval, to the best of my knowledge. Do you have any B3 units?
A B3 unit can, as desired for your test, run B2 firmware 4.00.22 or higher. Latest is 4.02.19.0008 (Jan 2015).
A B3 unit also uses B3POL-LIC policy licensing, which is still available for eval purpose.
GTM-P2G8KFN