cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXOS Feature Release Matrix

EXOS Feature Release Matrix

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had a good look around but wondered if there was such a thing as an EXOS version matrix.

For example:- in a network their are old switches that are limited to version 15.3.x whereas there are others that would take the latest.

So without having to trawl through all the release notes is there any documentation that would tell you all the features introduced historically back from the latest?

It would be helpful to have something central to browse in making decisions based on EXOS features based on release.

Many thanks in advance.
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
If its any help, I needed the information for a document I was putting together - so I went through all the release notes and took all the highlights out of each of the new features and put it into a pdf:

http://www.extremenetworks.guru/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/EXOS_Features_Revision_Level.pdf

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Wow! That's pretty great, Martin! Thank you for sharing this.

andreas1
New Contributor II
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Pathfinder for version comparision. Version comparision is something I'm missing since Extreme has release so many new features since XoS 11.
I bet you guys have a database where you track all features per version.

Could'nt you give us something similar to
http://pathfinder.juniper.net/feature...

Please 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Thanks for posting.

Apologise if it was my wording, but its not the hardware to software compatibility I am looking for, its what new features have been added to EXOS on a per release basis.

So for example, in each of the software release notes there is a section called "New and corrected features", which is what I need.

But exactly what I need is one for every software release in one place. So for example if I know that we have old hardware that can not go above 15.3.x, I can see in one place all the new features that have been introduced since and decide if its time to upgrade.

Or, see what release I need to go to based on a certain feature.

Or, I might be able to see there is no need to go above a certain level because there are no new required features.

Just would be handy to have it in one place instead of having to trawl through all the release notes.

Many thanks.
GTM-P2G8KFN