cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear a dhcp exclude

How to clear a dhcp exclude

rogervp
New Contributor

Hi! At my company we have a G3G124 core switch that's been running for a really long time and the person that set the system up is long gone, so I got tasked to change the DHCP settings.

The deal is that we are running out of IP addresses, but the interface has a /16 range starting with 172.20.0.0.

I think the person who setup the DHCP pool excluded some range above 172.20.1.5 because the DHCP server will not lease ip addresses above that and it starts declining leases.

Now I'm really struggling to clear the excluded addresses because if I try to clear using 

clear dhcp exclude 172.20.1.6

I get the following message: Could not delete excluded address.

Looks like I have to find the exact address range that was setup to be able to clear it.

So my question is: Is there any other way to clear the excluded address? Does anyone knows a way to list the excluded addresses?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alan_Hayase
Extreme Employee

Roger, pm me your config file and I will respond on this board what the resolution should be.  The running config will have exactly what the dhcp commands are that have been implemented, and this will hopefully include the exclusions if there are any.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Alan_Hayase
Extreme Employee

Let me know how I can be helpful.

Alan_Hayase
Extreme Employee

Roger, pm me your config file and I will respond on this board what the resolution should be.  The running config will have exactly what the dhcp commands are that have been implemented, and this will hopefully include the exclusions if there are any.

Thank you so much, Alan! You've pointed me to the right direction and I was able to export the running config and check the dhcp  excludes.

GTM-P2G8KFN