cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to restore the software portion of Extreme Summit 400-48T?

Is it possible to restore the software portion of Extreme Summit 400-48T?

Constantine_Bel
New Contributor
There was a problem with the switch Extreme Summit x480-48T this series. After starting Reconnecting and track via COM port (via Putty, minicom).
There may be loaded into BootRom, reset to default (default). But fails to boot further is a process of decompressing .... and so constantly in the loop restarts.

Please tell me whether it is possible in this case, the soft part of the upgrade or reinstall? BootRom not possible to enter a command download image.
14 REPLIES 14

Constantine_Bel
New Contributor
Please help, I need instructions on how to perform the connection procedure
load code image from serial port using Xmodem

I'm sorry, I was wrong. This model 400-48T

Thank You!

Yes, thank you. I went to try.

Hi Constantine,

Here's an old procedure I found for doing this. Hopefully it will be helpful.

Goal: How can I download an image using the Xmodem Protocol?
Product: General Symptoms : None Description : Uploading the image using the serial port is sometimes required when TFTP upload fails. Solution :
The following procedure can be used to upload any software version to the switch via the serial port:
1) Reset the switch.
a) Connect a terminal session to the console port of the switch.
b) While holding down the space bar, power cycle the switch. This will bring up the boot menu.
2) Press "h" for the command list.
3) Press "b" to change the baud rate of the console port of the switch.
4) Press "1" to select 38.4Kb/s rate. This will shorten the time required to download the image to the switch.
5) Disconnect the terminal session by clicking on the disconnect button in the window.
6) Change the terminal properties serial communication rate to 38.4Kb/s. 7) Reconnect by clicking on the reconnect button.
 Press the "enter" key to ensure that you are communicating with the console port on the switch.
9) Press "s" to start serial download.
10) Start the file transfer from the terminal window. Use the Xmodem transfer protocol.
11) Transfer the file .
12) After the transfer has been completed, press "g", to reboot the switch from the image now in memory (not flash).
13) Change the communication data rate of the terminal application back to 9.6Kb/s.
14) Press "enter" twice.
15) Enter "admin" for login, and press the "enter" key for the password.
16) Enter "sh version" to see the operational version of the switch. It should now show and no configuration file.
17) Upload the software version you want via TFTP, as the current version is in memory only, and will be lost if the switch is rebooted.
-Brandon

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hey Constantine

Just to be clear you have already gone into bootrom and set the config to none or default? After that the switch is still in a loop?

If you can get into the bootrom again you should be able to download a new image using zmodem. It will take some time but it is there.

P

GTM-P2G8KFN