cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summit200-24 - Version 6.2e.2 upgrade

Summit200-24 - Version 6.2e.2 upgrade

Eh_Mohsenpouria
New Contributor
hi, i want to upgrade my Summit200-24 firmaware.
where and how i can start ? i need some manuals and firmware files.
plz help. tnx

8 REPLIES 8

will see if I have any of the old release notes around when I get into office.... Look at what images Drew sent you and if any of them have a .wrtx instead of the frtx extension then that is an image with the auto bootroom upgrade ... you will be going from 4.9 to 5.1 ... once you have 5.1 you can take those to 7.8 images. As far as direct replacements if you are only using layer 2 functions of the switch the 430 is good. CPU is a bit small but we have several hundred out there. You will gain a lot more functions and options when you have XOS switches... We had 500 or so 200's at one time and I dont recall any of them crashing on the upgrades but we did it with the Wrapper images and not a separate bootroom then image upgrade. If you do the bootroom separate then you have to do that from console and trigger it during a boot cycle if I recall.... That is why you need to find the one with the wrapper to auto upgrade the boot so you can trigger the upgrade via the network and not have to touch each switch. Good luck

thank u drew & etherman.

im newbee in extreme switches,

sorry but,
1- how i can check my "BootRom" and ensure about it?
2- what is different between "bootrom" and this "7.1e2b4" patch?
3- if i need "
code:
S200_boot_1_5.bin
" where i can get it and how can use it?
4- what command and steps i should to do?
5- im worry that my switch crashed during upgrade and lose my switch.

6- i have more that 40 (S200-24/48) switches in my network,i think these are old switches, what kind of new product u can recommend to replace?

plz help.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
You may be correct. I don't see it in any of the internal software release folders I maintain, but when I built it, I didn't go that far back into the archives.
Regarding errors, this is in the release notes:

f762f3d7ea6b44c78485555078afee20_21775-ts1cvi_inline.png

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hello Eh,
The last version to support the S200-24 is 7.1e2b4. It looks like you should be able to upgrade it directly with the files here:
http://tech.extremenetworks.com/ftp/ftp_new.aspx?file=S200-71e2b4_Patch.zip

Check your BootROM version before upgrading. If you need
code:
S200_boot_1_5.bin
, let me know. I didn't see it and will have to go digging.

-Drew
GTM-P2G8KFN