cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbrzostowski
New Contributor
Hi

We ran a alternative enhanced stack with 2pcs x695 soft EXOS 31.4.1.5 on the QSFP28 SR4 with MPO connector module and after 2 days at work, on one StackLine we observe rx under the counter. Someone meet with this problem ? Parameters module is fine. All 4 modules in stack line is the same 
EhEHpMQKRHubfU3sntl2_2021-12-21_08h34_56.png

BR 

Pawel
2 Comments
Brent_Addis
Contributor
I've been running Extreme now for 12 years and not once can I recall seeing RX Under get flagged.

Receive Undersize Frames (RX Under)-The total number of frames received by the port that were less than 64 bytes long

The smallest packet size is 64 bytes.
14 bytes (MAC Header) + 46 bytes (Data) + 4 bytes (CRC) = 64 bytes

Could there be packet fragmentation going on inside your network somewhere passing over these ports?

I suspect you may need to do the same rxerrors command over your whole switch and see if any other ports are reporting the same thing. Maybe you can find the path they are coming in from and trace back to the source? Or alternatively if you can find a source port on this switch and setup a span port and dump to wireshark. You may find it's a single host with a bad network driver.

pbrzostowski
New Contributor
Hi  

There are no rx or drop errors on any of the ports in stack 695. Other switches connected to the stack also show no rx errors. I send ticket to GTAC

BR 

Pawel
GTM-P2G8KFN