Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device already in use

Device already in use

dverhoeks
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to add a device (AP130) but after clicking finish the following error is displayed “The device appears to be in use by another VIQ”.

Device ID: 01301911281742

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, I see that device as registered to a different user in our system. Do you have a way to contact the seller to ask them to send a transfer of ownership statement to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com? I’m usually able to contact the previous owners myself, but unfortunately this AP is registered to an on premises deployment, so I don’t have access to the owners information on my end. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dverhoeks
New Contributor

Hello Sam,

Thank you for your reply. I have returned the device. I've contacted the seller, and they agreed I could send it back.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, I see that device as registered to a different user in our system. Do you have a way to contact the seller to ask them to send a transfer of ownership statement to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com? I’m usually able to contact the previous owners myself, but unfortunately this AP is registered to an on premises deployment, so I don’t have access to the owners information on my end. 

GTM-P2G8KFN