cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExtremeIQ on Prem update

ExtremeIQ on Prem update

westb4
New Contributor

Any idea when ExtremeIQ On-Prem is getting an update?  The last update was June.  Sadly, it looks like Extreme picked up Aerohive’s bad habit of ignoring On-Prem customers for long periods of time.  I was really hoping we would get at least tri-annual updates or even quarterly updates.  Unfortunately, it looks like even bi-annual updates are going to be a stretch at this point.

19 REPLIES 19

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning all, the release date did get pushed back a bit again but they are still aiming to release this month. 

daniel1
Contributor

I had the ElasticSearch issue and need to reboot as well, raising the memory to 32GB and purging storage logs (via iqva mgmt port 3000) every month (I keep the last 120 days) is a good working workaround (but I would like a fix too!).

@Sam Pirok Can you please check the release date?

This KB mentioned last Friday: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000060722

mpohl
New Contributor

It’s nearing the middle of March and I don’t see the update yet. Hopefully if it ever comes out it’ll clean up the ElasticSearch indexing issues, actually support for SAN environments for a VM, and not have to be rebooted every other week.

Can anyone who uses the Cloud solution chime in on stability?  Should us hold-outs start going in that direction?

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I completely understand Westb4, I really wish I had better news here. I did just check up on the release again and it’s still listed as end of February as of this morning. Just my impression from talking to the development team working on this, but it’s not this is a low priority per se, they’ve just run in to some large unexpected roadblocks that are taking quite a bit of time to work out. That’s just my 2 cents though. I’ll keep you all posted as I hear more. 

westb4
New Contributor

Sam-

From what I’ve be able to gather I don’t know that there really is a way to submit feedback on  the development process.  At this point, I’m not sure that it would even matter.  I also get a sense that the devs see On-Prem as low priority, as in “we’ll get around to it when we have time but you’re not as important as online.”  End of February, becomes the middle of March. Trying not to sound bitter about it but sweetness has worn off.

c8b6601de631478dad23c16549da5985_1f644.png

GTM-P2G8KFN