cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do ExtremeControl and Extreme Universal Zero Trust Network Access differ from Extreme Cloud A3?

How do ExtremeControl and Extreme Universal Zero Trust Network Access differ from Extreme Cloud A3?

Hisako
New Contributor II

I recently came across the announcement from Extreme Networks regarding the End-of-Sales and End-of-Software Maintenance of the ExtremeCloud A3 product in January.
I found the information on the support page (https://www.extremenetworks.com/support/end-of-sale-and-end-of-support-products/?_ga=2.99103517.2096...) quite helpful, but I have a few questions.

It mentions that customers with ExtremeCloud A3 can transition to ExtremeControl or Extreme Universal Zero Trust Network Access solution.
I was wondering how ExtremeControl and Extreme Universal Zero Trust Network Access differ from Extreme Cloud A3. Are there any technical differences between them?

As someone who is new to these products, I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide some insights into their functionalities and how they compare to ExtremeCloud A3.
Any information you can share would be really helpful for me to better understand the options available.

Thank you in advance for your time to read.

3 REPLIES 3

Hisako
New Contributor II

Hi Zdeněk,

Thank you for your detailed explanation.
I appreciate the offer for an online session, but I would prefer to understand the differences among the solutions.
Specifically, I would like to know how the functions of A3 differ from the other models and whether UZTNA/ExtremeControl complements all A3 functions.
If there are any documentation on these products, it would be also helpful for us as a partner to further understand (Unfortunately I was unable to find the documentation on Product page of Extreme Portal.) Any elaboration on these points would be greatly helpful in guiding my decision-making process.

Looking forward to your insights.

Best regards,
Hisako

Hi Hisako.

ExtremeControl is part of the ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine. Documentation = https://supportdocs.extremenetworks.com/support/documentation/extremecloud-iq-site-engine-24-02-11/

Datasheets:

ExtremeClou A3 documentation = https://supportdocs.extremenetworks.com/support/documentation/extremecloud-a3-version-5-0-0/

UZTNA documentation will be published with the official release of the product.

I understand you prefer to read the documentation. Another approach is to attend the training. My offer to have a session is still valid.

Regarding functions:

• A3 is a pure NAC solution
  • ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine combines network management, network visibility (ExtremeAnalytics), and NAC (ExtremeControl).
  • UZTNA combines cloud NAC and ZTNA functions.

Good luck

Regards Zdeněk Pala

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Dear Hisako

Each of those solutions is very different from the other. At a very high level:

• A3 is on-premises and must be connected to ExtremeCloud IQ
  • UZTNA is cloud-based
  • ExtremeControl is on-premises and can be connected to the ExtremeCloud IQ, but can be also be isolated from the internet (air gap)

There are use cases that each of those solutions can achieve. But some use cases are very unique to one of those solutions.

Can you please contact your local account person and ask for an online session where we can discuss your use cases and elaborate what is the best path for you? The local account person should be able to involve either the PLM or Soluton Engineering team.

Sincerely yours

Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN