cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP in captive portal

DHCP in captive portal

david_c98
New Contributor

I have configured a portal on an XCC controller, this portal must authenticate 4 different user roles to a certain SSID
-students
-masters
-workers
-guests
Each of these roles has a specific vlan and a specific network segment.
Then when a user authenticates with her credential, for example a student, he will have to be given an ip 172.19.x.x
and when it is to a master an ip 172.20.x.x and so on with each user depending on the role.
What I have noticed is that the addressing is provided by the role and not the vlan, so how would it be the correct way to link several vlan to a role so that the correct addressing per user is achieved.

P.S. I also have this implementation in a Controller identify, but I don't know if this can also be implemented in XCC.

6 REPLIES 6

david_c98
New Contributor

Hello  StephanH,

I already reviewed the manual and configured the roles, but I still have no result, what I have noticed that in the part of Network >> WLANs >> my SSID in Default Auth Role, if I modify this with the vlan of each User it solves the addressing.
For example, if in Default Auth Role I configure it with the student vlan and it gives me the ip 172.19.x.x
and if I change it to masters it gives me an ip 172.20.x.x
Is there a way that the Default Auth Role has a group of vlans?

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello David,

decisive is the role/accept policy that a user receives after autentication.

Look to the deployment guide here https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/Extreme%20Campus%20Controller/v5.26/Extreme%20Campus%20Con... to see all details (Starding on page 51 ) 

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN