cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP in captive portal

DHCP in captive portal

david_c98
New Contributor

I have configured a portal on an XCC controller, this portal must authenticate 4 different user roles to a certain SSID
-students
-masters
-workers
-guests
Each of these roles has a specific vlan and a specific network segment.
Then when a user authenticates with her credential, for example a student, he will have to be given an ip 172.19.x.x
and when it is to a master an ip 172.20.x.x and so on with each user depending on the role.
What I have noticed is that the addressing is provided by the role and not the vlan, so how would it be the correct way to link several vlan to a role so that the correct addressing per user is achieved.

P.S. I also have this implementation in a Controller identify, but I don't know if this can also be implemented in XCC.

6 REPLIES 6

david_c98
New Contributor

Yes, individual tests per role have already been done and exactly everything is correct, it assigns the correct addressing to the corresponding vlan.
The problem you have is how you can implement all these roles within a single portal, and in the same way give me their address and corresponding vlan.

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello David,

To be sure. You see that ever  client receive the correct role in monitor?

Regards Stephan

david_c98
New Contributor

Yes. Each Role has a specific Vlan students the 3, workers 96, guests 147.

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello David,

Have you checked if the clients get different roles? The role that also fits to the VLAN?
The easiest way to do this is under "Monitor->Clients".

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN