cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vlan Assignment XCC

Vlan Assignment XCC

Giuseppe_Montan
Contributor

Good Morning, I have different APs in the same location and I want to assign a vlan/SSID ( for example VoIP ) only to a group of APs.

I think is possible but I do not understand how.

Thanks

Giuseppe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi Giuseppe,

Adding to Mig’s response, you can take following steps to achieve this:

1- If your APs are all same model, you can clone an existing “device group” in “sites” menu. Otherwise, create a new one. 

2- In the newly created site group, select the AP that you want to work with the new SSID. You might have to unassign that AP first from the device group it is currently mapped to. 

3- In the new device group, edit Profile and then select “Networks” option, this is where you can select/unselect the SSIDs you want to assign to this AP.

4- As a precaution, make sure on the same screen under the “Roles” tab you have the role which uses the new VLAN for the new SSID selected as well.   

For some reason, I am not able to add screenshots to my post which would have made things much easier for you.

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Ovais

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

yas1
New Contributor II

Hi Guiseppe,

I believe AP override is the easiest way to do it. Select your AP, head over to advanced and tick WLAN. Afterwards you are able to configure the SSIDs for this specific AP regardless the device group/profile.

4310232a17684237bf1435df02739091_9d4170fe-87c3-4003-a00e-82ba1c9db742.png

Best regards
Yannick

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi Giuseppe,

Adding to Mig’s response, you can take following steps to achieve this:

1- If your APs are all same model, you can clone an existing “device group” in “sites” menu. Otherwise, create a new one. 

2- In the newly created site group, select the AP that you want to work with the new SSID. You might have to unassign that AP first from the device group it is currently mapped to. 

3- In the new device group, edit Profile and then select “Networks” option, this is where you can select/unselect the SSIDs you want to assign to this AP.

4- As a precaution, make sure on the same screen under the “Roles” tab you have the role which uses the new VLAN for the new SSID selected as well.   

For some reason, I am not able to add screenshots to my post which would have made things much easier for you.

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Ovais

Giuseppe_Montan
Contributor

thanks for your reply but I did not understand, sorry.

I have 10 AP and 3 SSID/VLAN different broadcasted in all AP.

I create a new SSID/VLAN but I want that only one AP broadcast the newSSID.

On C35 was easy.

Thanks

Giuseppe

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Giuseppe,

In your site you have to create a new device group and assign a specific profile matching your needs in terms of SSID.

Mig

GTM-P2G8KFN