Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCC API PUT

XCC API PUT

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to change values on an AP via XCC API. According the API doc (https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/Extreme%20Campus%20Controller/v5.16/API/index_rest_gateway...)  three values are required:

serialNumber, hardwareType, apName

accordingly, I send the following call:

changes = {"serialNumber" : "2011Y-1111100000","hardwareType" : "AP310i-WR", "apName" : "2011Y-1111100000"", "description" : "ForTesing"}

resp = requests.put(url + "management/v1/aps/2011Y-1111100000"", json=changes, headers=headers, verify=False)

And I receive the following:

{'errors': [{'errorMessage': 'Validation of "ip" failed; ip_addr/gateway/netmask should be set', 'resource': 'AccessPointManager configureAccessPoint.arg1.ip', 'errorCode': 422, 'invalidValue': 'com.extremenetworks.exol.exolcore.restapi.elements.AccessPointElement@571f4c81'}, {'errorMessage': 'Validation of "radios" failed; may not be null', 'resource': 'AccessPointManager configureAccessPoint.arg1.radios', 'errorCode': 422, 'invalidValue': ''}]}

It seems I have add more values to the request. But I can’t see that requirement in the API docu. In addition I don't want to add so many values when I only want to change the description.

Has anyone tried to change individual values successfully?

Regards Stephan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Stephan,

I changed the channels of hundreds AP’s at once with the API very easily.

You must GET the current config and modify the parameter you want to change and then send back the full config adapted.

Here a piece of code I use:

r = requests.get(server + "/management/v1/aps/{0}".format(AP['serialNumber']), headers=headers, verify=False)
body = json.loads(r.content)
if AP['Channel_2.4GHz']:    body['radios'][RADIO_MAPPING[body['hardwareType']]['2G']]['reqChannel'] = AP['Channel_2.4GHz']    body['radios'][RADIO_MAPPING[body['hardwareType']]['2G']]['useSmartRf'] = Falser = requests.put(server + "/management/v1/aps/{0}".format(body['serialNumber']), json=body, headers=headers, verify=False)if r.status_code != 200:    # This means something went wrong.    RESULT += 'error on {}\n'.format(AP)else:    RESULT += 'OK for {}\n'.format(AP)print('RESULT\n', RESULT)

Enjoy

Mig

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Stephan,

I changed the channels of hundreds AP’s at once with the API very easily.

You must GET the current config and modify the parameter you want to change and then send back the full config adapted.

Here a piece of code I use:

r = requests.get(server + "/management/v1/aps/{0}".format(AP['serialNumber']), headers=headers, verify=False)
body = json.loads(r.content)
if AP['Channel_2.4GHz']:    body['radios'][RADIO_MAPPING[body['hardwareType']]['2G']]['reqChannel'] = AP['Channel_2.4GHz']    body['radios'][RADIO_MAPPING[body['hardwareType']]['2G']]['useSmartRf'] = Falser = requests.put(server + "/management/v1/aps/{0}".format(body['serialNumber']), json=body, headers=headers, verify=False)if r.status_code != 200:    # This means something went wrong.    RESULT += 'error on {}\n'.format(AP)else:    RESULT += 'OK for {}\n'.format(AP)print('RESULT\n', RESULT)

Enjoy

Mig

GTM-P2G8KFN