Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCC WiFI Client frequenty disconnection

XCC WiFI Client frequenty disconnection

Giuseppe_Montan
Contributor

Good Evening, 2 XCC in HA mode active-active

They are connected each other trough layer3 MPLS.

1 ) Some AP in site1 talk with Controller in Site2 but I do not understand why?

2 ) It happens that Cisco anyconnect stop to work ( only when the customer works in wifi mode ) but the client do not disconnect from the network.

3 ) which tools can I use to analyze the disconnection ? ( the tools inside the XCC )

Thanks in advance

Giuseppe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

1) The adoption behavior depends on Availability settings and site adoption settings. See XCC user guide (search for "preferred connection") https://www.extremenetworks.com/support/documentation/extreme-campus-controller-latest-documentation...

2) I assume you have enabled automatic channel selection (default). Maybe your APs go offline for a short time to scan other channels. Or in case of 5 GHz DFS is the cause for going off channel.

3) A ping for a longer time will show if there is a connecton loss. In addition check reports (SmartRF widget) for channel changes and check your device profile ( SmartRF settings) for the site.

Regards Stephan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Giuseppe,

go to “Monitor” select a Site and than you will see it in the horizontal menu bar on the right (== Smart RF).

Regards Stephan

Giuseppe_Montan
Contributor

Thank for you reply

1 ) I distribuited the APs under the right controller

2 ) I am going to fix the channel

3 ) Where I find SmartRF Widget ?

Thanks

Giuseppe

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

1) The adoption behavior depends on Availability settings and site adoption settings. See XCC user guide (search for "preferred connection") https://www.extremenetworks.com/support/documentation/extreme-campus-controller-latest-documentation...

2) I assume you have enabled automatic channel selection (default). Maybe your APs go offline for a short time to scan other channels. Or in case of 5 GHz DFS is the cause for going off channel.

3) A ping for a longer time will show if there is a connecton loss. In addition check reports (SmartRF widget) for channel changes and check your device profile ( SmartRF settings) for the site.

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN