Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential issue with /applications/{id}/clients/top{n} endpoint

Potential issue with /applications/{id}/clients/top{n} endpoint

JoshuaO1
New Contributor
Hi,

I am trying to retrieve a list of all devices that have used a set of predefined applications within the past 24 hours.
No matter what {id} is provided, I get the exact same list of devices.

Query with a bogus application ID:
https://api.extremecloudiq.com/applications/123456789/clients/top1?startTime=1651774982092&endTime=1651874982092

Response:

[
  {
    "application_id": 123456789,
    "client_id": [redacted],
    "client_mac_address": "E4B318[redacted]",
    "client_host_name": "[redacted]",
    "usage": 38804072
  }
]

The same query but with another bogus application ID:

https://api.extremecloudiq.com/applications/98765/clients/top1?startTime=1651774982092&endTime=1651874982092

Response:

[
  {
    "application_id": 98765,
    "client_id": [redacted],
    "client_mac_address": "E4B318[redacted]",
    "client_host_name": "[redacted]",
    "usage": 38804072
  }
]

I don't understand why it's doing this. It doesn't matter if the application ID is legitimate or not, it will still spit out the same list of devices with the same usage and everything minus the application ID field. I can replicate this issue on the Swagger UI so I do not believe this to be user error, although I would love to be proven wrong.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick_Moore
Extreme Employee
Hi @Joshua Olive,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have reached out to Engineering to investigate this issue. I will try to keep you posted here but would likley be better to get a case opened with GTAC to track it.

-Nick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nick_Moore
Extreme Employee
Hi @Joshua Olive,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have reached out to Engineering to investigate this issue. I will try to keep you posted here but would likley be better to get a case opened with GTAC to track it.

-Nick
GTM-P2G8KFN