cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem accessing external account using accounts/switch endpoint

Problem accessing external account using accounts/switch endpoint

gabrielb
New Contributor
Hello everyone, I've been having some issues when implementing the new API on my captive portal application and haven't found a way to solve it.
The account I'm trying to get devices info from is an external account from the one we use for CWP clients management, and by using the /account/external endpoint I can get it's Id and info as intended

[
  {
    "id": "ACCOUNT_ID",
    "create_time": "2022-01-14T12:56:23.000+0000",
    "update_time": "2022-01-14T12:56:23.000+0000",
    "name": "NAME",
    "alias": "NAME",
    "active": true,
    "data_center": "DATACENTER"
  }
]

but when I try to use the account/switch endpoint to change into it and retrieve that account info, I get the API access is disabled error.

{
  "error_code": "PERMISSION_DENIED",
  "error_id": "ERROR_ID",
  "error_message": "PERMISSION_DENIED: API access is disabled"
}

I tried searching on the API docs but had no luck, I'm looking for a way to grant API access to the CWP management account to switch and access the devices on this account. I can't make a new account as administrator of the external account because of company reasons. Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Thanks for letting us know the link wasn't working for you Gabriel, we've made the same guide in to a KB article that you can find on our portal now: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000102173

Nick_Moore
Extreme Employee
Hi Gabriel,

By default, external admins do not have API access. This must be granted by a local admin or an external admin that has API permissions. I have attached a guide that includes steps to rectify this on a admin by admin basis. If you would like to do this for all external admins of a VIQ, you can follow the instructions at the following link: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000102173
GTM-P2G8KFN