404 - Not Found after EMC Upgrade from 7.1.3.25 to 8.0.3.53

Yves_Haslimann
New Contributor III
Hello there,

after EMC upgrading from 7.1.3.25 to 8.0.3.53 i have a web page error
404 - Not found

Checking system database had some errors:

netsightrpt.appid_attribute
error : Partitioning upgrade required. Please dump/reload to fix it or do: ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'appid_attribute' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
netsightrpt.appid_datapoint
error : Partitioning upgrade required. Please dump/reload to fix it or do: ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'appid_datapoint' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
netsightrpt.application_usage_default
error : Partitioning upgrade required. Please dump/reload to fix it or do: ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'application_usage_default' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
netsightrpt.application_usage_hr_default
error : Partitioning upgrade required. Please dump/reload to fix it or do: ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'application_usage_hr_default' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
netsightrpt.application_usage_rt_default
error : Partitioning upgrade required. Please dump/reload to fix it or do: ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'application_usage_rt_default' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
08:59:10,838 INFO ProcUtils:212 - netsightrpt.end_system_event
error : Partitioning upgrade required. Please dump/reload to fix it or do: ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'end_system_event' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
netsightrpt.nsalarmhistory
Error : Failed to read from the .par file
Error : Incorrect information in file: './netsightrpt/nsalarmhistory.frm'
error : Corrupt
netsightrpt.rpt_default_datapoint
Error : Incorrect information in file: './netsightrpt/rpt_default_datapoint.frm'
netsightrpt.rpt_default_day
error : Partitioning upgrade required. Please dump/reload to fix it or do: ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'rpt_default_day' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
netsightrpt.rpt_default_hour
error : Partitioning upgrade required. Please dump/reload to fix it or do: ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'rpt_default_hour' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
netsightrpt.rpt_default_month
error : Partitioning upgrade required. Please dump/reload to fix it or do: ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'rpt_default_month' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
netsightrpt.rpt_default_raw
error : Partitioning upgrade required. Please dump/reload to fix it or do: ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'rpt_default_raw' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
netsightrpt.rpt_default_week
error : Partitioning upgrade required. Please dump/reload to fix it or do: ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'rpt_default_week' UPGRADE PARTITIONING

Repairing tables

Upgrading tables
netsightrpt.nsalarmhistory
Error : Incorrect information in file: './netsightrpt/nsalarmhistory.frm'
netsightrpt.rpt_default_datapoint
Error : Incorrect information in file: './netsightrpt/rpt_default_datapoint.frm'
Running : ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'appid_attribute' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
Running : ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'appid_datapoint' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
Running : ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'application_usage_default' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
Running : ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'application_usage_hr_default' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
Running : ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'application_usage_rt_default' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
08:59:10,939 INFO ProcUtils:205 - Running : ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'end_system_event' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
Running : ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'rpt_default_day' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
Running : ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'rpt_default_hour' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
Running : ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'rpt_default_month' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
Running : ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'rpt_default_raw' UPGRADE PARTITIONING
Running : ALTER TABLE 'netsightrpt'.'rpt_default_week' UPGRADE PARTITIONING

5 REPLIES 5

Doug
Extreme Employee
Resolved via GTAC case.
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Yves_Haslimann
New Contributor III
Hi Bill,

I allocated enough memory, CPU and disk. I setup the netsight completely new and restored the database. After this, I tried the upgrade again, but had the same errors.

Thanks, Yves

Bill_Handler
Contributor II
If this is a virtual machine, double check the memory allocated to the VM. We had a customer that upgraded on their own, and ignored the memory requirements. The install completed, but was corrupt, and the web site would not come up even though the VM was running and we could SSH in.

The solution was to allocate more memory and perform a clean install, and restore from backup.

Thanks,

Bill

Yves_Haslimann
New Contributor III
Hi Suresh

I've checked anything...but I didn't found any matching errors...
I will install netsight new, restore the database and upgrade to v8 again...
maybe that helps.
GTM-P2G8KFN