cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot archive Adtran router, InvDeviceType record for device type [1.3.6.1.4.1.664.1.1392] missing from database.

Cannot archive Adtran router, InvDeviceType record for device type [1.3.6.1.4.1.664.1.1392] missing from database.

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor

Hello all, I upgraded from an older Adtran to an Adtran Netvanta 5660. Now when I try to archive it in XMC I am getting this error message:

InvDeviceType record for device type [1.3.6.1.4.1.664.1.1392] missing from database.

I tried deleting the device entirely and started over. But I am getting the same error message. Seems like this OID doesn’t match anything that XMC recognizes … but I am just trying to use a script I wrote to copy up the conf file via TFTP. Does anyone know how to get past this roadblock?

I am running XMC version 8.4.3.24.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor

It wasn’t that - because the database query returned zero lines. However, I figured it out. It was just bad credentials. I must have have used a different password on the original router. Not sure why the error message was so strange. But when I did this ….

tail -f /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata/logs/inventory.log

… and then tried to archive, I got this error …

938310  1588768805401   Inventory Server.6.Event        XMCServer       netsight-01.kch.local   ---     Backup Script   Cannot backup Configuration authentication failure:  The login credentials are invalid.
938311  1588768805405   Inventory Server.3.Event        root    dt-914t4v1      xxx IP xxx   Archive Save    Archive Save AdTran Router: (xxx IP xxx) Version Stamp: May 6, 2020 8:40:03 AM - authentication failure:  The login credentials are invalid. : InvDeviceType record for device type [1.3.6.1.4.1.664.1.1392] missing from database.

Seems like the first error was useful information, but that second error (what shows up in the XMC interface) was meaningless.

Thanks for your help! Glad I got this figured out.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor

It wasn’t that - because the database query returned zero lines. However, I figured it out. It was just bad credentials. I must have have used a different password on the original router. Not sure why the error message was so strange. But when I did this ….

tail -f /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata/logs/inventory.log

… and then tried to archive, I got this error …

938310  1588768805401   Inventory Server.6.Event        XMCServer       netsight-01.kch.local   ---     Backup Script   Cannot backup Configuration authentication failure:  The login credentials are invalid.
938311  1588768805405   Inventory Server.3.Event        root    dt-914t4v1      xxx IP xxx   Archive Save    Archive Save AdTran Router: (xxx IP xxx) Version Stamp: May 6, 2020 8:40:03 AM - authentication failure:  The login credentials are invalid. : InvDeviceType record for device type [1.3.6.1.4.1.664.1.1392] missing from database.

Seems like the first error was useful information, but that second error (what shows up in the XMC interface) was meaningless.

Thanks for your help! Glad I got this figured out.

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

is this KB article applicable for you?

Regards Zdeněk Pala

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor

To be honest, I have never done that before. Not even sure of it’s purpose. I tried that, but I don’t know what I am supposed to put in there. AdTran is not a choice … and neither is unknown or other. I filled it out and treated it like a “Cisco ASA”. Then tried to run the archive again and got the same error message (almost immediately).

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Did you configure the Vendor Profile?

Right click on the device → Configure → (New Vendor Profile)

Be sure you enter unique values = do not reuse those already available.

Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN