Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change NAC IP

Change NAC IP

Fijs
New Contributor III

Hello,

We want to change the IP of our XMC and 2 NAC servers. I’m preparing this in a lab environment.

XMC was easy, but I have a question regarding NAC:

Changing the IP is easy: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000083602

But, this does not update the NAC IP in XMC. So XMC considers the NAC as down, both in Network > Devices and Control > Access Control > Engines

I don’t see an option to change the IP of the NAC in XMC/Control.

I deleted the “old” NAC from Devices and Engines, and added the new one. This works, but historical data is lost (reports).

Is this the correct way, or is there a better alternative?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Fijs,

you are right. You cannot change the IP of a NAC engine in the XMC. So you have to add the new one and remove the old one. I also recommend this order.

The report data is lost among other things because the reference to the engine is missing, which was deleted. What should be in the report if the IP is no longer there?

Basically, IPs are rarely changed by NAC-GW, so in my opinion.

If it is important to have data like Engine events after such a change you can export the data prior to the change.

Regards Stephan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Fijs
New Contributor III

Thanks for confirming Stephan.

Indeed, changing NAC, EWC, XMC,.. IP’s does not happen often, that’s why I wan’t to prepare and test every step in a lab setup.

Thanks again!

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Fijs,

you are right. You cannot change the IP of a NAC engine in the XMC. So you have to add the new one and remove the old one. I also recommend this order.

The report data is lost among other things because the reference to the engine is missing, which was deleted. What should be in the report if the IP is no longer there?

Basically, IPs are rarely changed by NAC-GW, so in my opinion.

If it is important to have data like Engine events after such a change you can export the data prior to the change.

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN