Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility of devices under XIQ-SE 23.11

Compatibility of devices under XIQ-SE 23.11

jvictores
New Contributor

Hello all,

General question. My company is running XMC v8.5.7.

We would like to upgrade to XIQ-SE v23.11

We have a plethora of Nortel and Avaya old switches. Does anyone knows if any of these models will see a negative impact or not be able to be managed under the new version?

ERS 5632FD
VSP 7024XT
VSP-4450GSX-PWR+
VSP-8404
ERS 3510GT-PWR+
ERS 3524GT-PWR+
ERS 3549GTS-PWR+
ERS 3650GTS-PWR+
ERS 4526GTX-PWR
ERS 4548GT-PWR
ERS 4850GTS-PWR+
ERS 4950GTS-PWR+

Thanks a lot for any answer or information added to this post.

- Joel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hi Joel,

take a look here: ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine Extended Firmware Support (extremenetworks.com) (Apparently there is no Compatibility Matrice for 23.11 yet...)
All your switches are still supported. Generally speaking: I have never seen them remove support for old switches. Even some Enterasys A2-Switches (EoL since 10 years or so) are still supported. It's more the other way round: Newer switches are not (fully) supported by older XMC / SE Versions. 

I would still make a backup + snapshot of your VM (if it's an VM)

Best regards
Stefan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

As @Stefan_K_ posted, that is the link the table of supported devices.  Many of the old NORTEL/AVAYA platforms are supported with limited features. 

It appears that the only switch in your list that isn't officially supported is the VSP7024.  Which is actually an ERS/BOSS switch.  It was just called a VSP.

But if I go back to XMC 8.2 to 8.5 it appears it wasn't officially supported there either.   If memory serves the VSP7024 went End of Software support before the Extreme. 

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hi Joel,

take a look here: ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine Extended Firmware Support (extremenetworks.com) (Apparently there is no Compatibility Matrice for 23.11 yet...)
All your switches are still supported. Generally speaking: I have never seen them remove support for old switches. Even some Enterasys A2-Switches (EoL since 10 years or so) are still supported. It's more the other way round: Newer switches are not (fully) supported by older XMC / SE Versions. 

I would still make a backup + snapshot of your VM (if it's an VM)

Best regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your answer and contribution to the topic. Extreme had said something similar, so I think we are going to be fine. 

Best Regards.

GTM-P2G8KFN