cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation on how to Migrate XMC to XIQ-SE?

Documentation on how to Migrate XMC to XIQ-SE?

Byron_Morales
New Contributor II

Are there any guides on how to upgrade or migrate Extreme Management Center to the new XIQ-SE?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Thank you Mark.

I see, we have typo there.

The upgrade to 21.4.10.99 is not tested from 8.5.6. as 8.5.6 was released after the 21.4.10.99.

If the customer is on 8.5.6 and wants upgrade to XIQ-SE then there are two options:

• wait for 21.9
  • ask GTAC for 21.4.11
Regards Zdeněk Pala

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

I would assume that this is a typo in the release notes. Didn’t find anything about 21.07.10. would have posted about the new firmware here. (I hope :D)

Best regards
Stefan

Mark_Severijnen
New Contributor

Hi Miguel-Angel,

From what you posted one can see it is also about XIQ-SE 21.07.10

Via The Portal I only see 21.04.10

Where did you get the information (release notes) and perhaps even the binary’s for version 21.07.10?

I would be very interested in both.

regards,

Mark

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Just wanted to add that I also upgraded XMC to XIQ-SE successfully. I did a normal upgrade, as if I would upgrade from XMC 8.5.1 to 8.5.2 for example. No issues - but a snapshot and/or backup is always a good idea. 🙂

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

I wouldn’t!!!

On version upgrades the database schema could be adapted, so installing a fresh XIQ-SE and restoring an XMC backup shouldn’t be very lucky…

The upgrade XMC->XIQ-SE is quite straight forward, I already performed that and there were no issues.

Just take a snapshot with the XMC in power off mode, start it and upgrade it.

power it off, remove the snapshot and restart it.

I power the machine to get faster snapshot management.

Regards

Mig

Byron_Morales
New Contributor II

Thanks for getting back to me Miguel. I know licensing will change i was just curious on how the process might go. 

Would it be better to spin up a clean XIQ-SE and restore a XMC database instead of upgrading? Is that possible?

GTM-P2G8KFN