cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export All Serials XMC

Export All Serials XMC

Terren_Crider
Contributor
Is there a way I can get a csv of all the devices I have in XMC?

When I use the Export to CSV button in the devices tab it does not show the serials for all devices in a stack or all blades in a chassis.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Terren_Crider
Contributor
Admittedly I haven't tried the REST API or the Asset Discovery Tool (both of which I will when I get a chance), but I was pointed the right way by TAC and my account rep.

Network > Devices > Use the drop-down toward the left to select "by Device Type" > Use the three-bar menu > Configuration/Firmware > Register/Export Serial Numbers...

This gives the full printout of all devices, blades, modules with serials. Previously, I'd tried that with the drop-down menu on "by Location" which did not give the full list.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

That report doesn't show the serials of all devices in a stack or the blades in a chassis.

It more or less just outputs the devices screen.

Did you find a way to pull all the serial numbers?  I'm in the same situation.  If not is there a procedure or how to regarding using the API rest?  Thank you

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello Terren,

if you are a little bit familiar with scripting there is a easy way via the REST-API.
You have to use two steps (you can try both steps in your browser)

Get all devices (and there ips) with this command: "https://YourNetSightIP:8443/axis/services/NetSightDeviceWebService/getAllDevices". Take all ips form the answer to this request and put the ips in the command here: "https://YourNetSightIP:8443/axis/services/InventoryWebService/getDeviceProperties?ipAddress=IpFromStepOne" in a loop of you script.
=> Now you have all you need 😉

If you use the both calls in you script you can add you credentials to the string. If you use the browser you are requested to fill in you creds.

Have fun.

Best regards
Stephan
Regards Stephan

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Glad, that i could help you.

Stephan
Regards Stephan

That is a great idea Stephan and entirely appropriate. We have Aerohive Access Points that are going "dark" on us. I have to cycle POE on the switch port to bring them back to life. We have 14,000 of them so it's not suitable for ongoing manual intervention. I can find them from their management system using a REST API along with LLDP data giving the BASE MAC and port of the Extreme switch. I will be able to use your API to get a switch IP address and kick off an event that takes the data and runs the script. Good thinking man.

Cheers,

Ed.
GTM-P2G8KFN