cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export All Serials XMC

Export All Serials XMC

Terren_Crider
Contributor
Is there a way I can get a csv of all the devices I have in XMC?

When I use the Export to CSV button in the devices tab it does not show the serials for all devices in a stack or all blades in a chassis.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Terren_Crider
Contributor
Admittedly I haven't tried the REST API or the Asset Discovery Tool (both of which I will when I get a chance), but I was pointed the right way by TAC and my account rep.

Network > Devices > Use the drop-down toward the left to select "by Device Type" > Use the three-bar menu > Configuration/Firmware > Register/Export Serial Numbers...

This gives the full printout of all devices, blades, modules with serials. Previously, I'd tried that with the drop-down menu on "by Location" which did not give the full list.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hey Ed,

I have an idea.

To start your EMC script through an external skript, you could send a syslog message to EMC from your external script. Then you listen with the alarm manager on the syslog entry and start your script in the EMC via alarm manager.

Best regards
Stephan

Regards Stephan

Stephan:

You are a gentleman and a scholar. This is great.

Thanks,

Ed.

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello Ed,

here is a link to the REST API documentation (but this document is quite old!):

https://www.extremenetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/OneFabric_Connect_API_Reference_Guide.pdf

If you need the most up to date (and complete) information go to you XMC (EMC) and call:

https://EMC:8443/axis/services/NetSightDeviceWebService?wsdl

For informations according the other subsystems (NAC...) change the "NetSightDeviceWebService" in the previous link. More informations you will find in the PDF.

In my opinion there is no way to start a script on EMC via the API.

Best regards
Stephan

Regards Stephan

Hi Stephan:
Were is the documentation for the REST API? I just can't seem to find it anywhere and I need to be able to find a switch based on its MAC.

I would also like to be able to launch an EMC script from an external script so hopefully the API is quite extensive and will support that.

Tahnks,

Ed.

BradP
Extreme Employee
GTM-P2G8KFN