cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How capture(send to syslog) the client history using one of those WirelessC5210 , Netsight and OneView(we are using this in or enverioment)

How capture(send to syslog) the client history using one of those WirelessC5210 , Netsight and OneView(we are using this in or enverioment)

Andre_Paiva
New Contributor
How capture(send to syslog) the clients history of a network with 100 APs and 1 Controler, using one WirelessC5210 , Netsight and OneView(we are using these in our enveronment).
I am trying to have a history of the user and its IPs address in their time of use, currently in OneView -> wireless -> client, the events we have are limited for 1000 lines, how export this events for a syslog server. This can be from the C5210 -> reports -> active clients, too.

Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Andre Paiva.
6 REPLIES 6

Andre_Paiva
New Contributor
Great Jason !
Do you know if it is possible to only capture some kind of events related to the stations ? Like, I don't think the the roam events are necessary to have it logged and registred for future uses.

Jason1
Extreme Employee
Hello Andre,

You can enable "Send station events" and then collect these client events in NetSight syslog or another syslog.
You will need to configure syslog and also enable "include station events" in the Controller >> Logs Configuration. I have attached two screen shots that shows the Logs screen and also another screen shot that has an example of the client event messaging (this one happens to be an authentication)

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Jason

576e1e81c8fa4ae089f5715b6fbf5ecf_RackMultipart20160407-94705-h3gnhu-station_events_user_syslog_settings_inline.png

576e1e81c8fa4ae089f5715b6fbf5ecf_RackMultipart20160407-30985-6wtmif-guestportal_client_logging_inline.png

GTM-P2G8KFN