cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How give write permission to NetSight_Server process when workflow is running from Notification trigger

How give write permission to NetSight_Server process when workflow is running from Notification trigger

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II
Hi, 
I've created a simple workflow that write in a temp folder of XIQ-Site Engine a file with the list of End-Systems ip addresses.
If I login to webgui of XIQ-SE as root and I run the workflow, it works correctly and the files are created, but If a bind this workflow with a Notification action, the workflow instead as root is running as NetSight_Server and I receive a permission error on the write operation of the file:
IOError: (13, 'Permission denied', u'/usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata/logs/scripting/NetSight Server/ESIPsT.2022-07-13_16-38-26.txt')

How is possible to run a workflow as Notification action that write something on the filesystem of XIQ-SE with the proper permissions for NetSight_Server or to run as root?

Thanks

I've found the solution in another post: https://community.extremenetworks.com/question/workflow-permissions
0 REPLIES 0
GTM-P2G8KFN