cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to create an expression to average values of 4 rows in a column?

How to create an expression to average values of 4 rows in a column?

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
I want to display the overall cpu usage of a server. Is there a way to call out specific instances of a colmn?

ca5ea0ada1e9414da6b402d8b1a5ea5c_RackMultipart20151014-22161-ij76xc-Capture_inline.png

The processor load colmn displays the usage of each of my 4 cores. I would like to average the 4 numbers so get an easy to view understanding of how hard my server is working.

Is this even possible?
7 REPLIES 7

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
Mike,
That is great news that is exactly what I need to do, average 4 rows from a single column. Can you provide an example of what the expression would look like?

Thank you for the help and sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
David, we looked at this, we can only do expressions on the same horizontal row. So if you can Span processor load for each CPU into a column you may be in luck in getting an expression to average them out.

Dan,

I got thrown off by him putting column in there. I guess that means I am out of luck.

Thanks for the help.

David, what Mike is saying is that you would have to find a way to put all the values in a single row, as "we can only do expressions on the same horizontal row".

The values to average would have to come from different columns within the same row, not the same column from different rows...

GTM-P2G8KFN