cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete vlan in Netsight 7.0.9.4 , or modify the edit membership of vlan

how to delete vlan in Netsight 7.0.9.4 , or modify the edit membership of vlan

Tiburcio_Jr_Cor
New Contributor II
Trying to delete vlan from 10 aggregation Nodes, vlan no longer in use. No option to by pass START-MIX-PROTECTED-VLAN-DELETE operation fails.

BD10K_1301_Fannin.1 # create log entry "START-MIX-PROTECTED-VLAN-DELETE on Switch"
BD10K_1301_Fannin.2 # BD10K_1301_Fannin.2 # config eaps coh_southring delete protect p2p_COH_LHVlan_905
WARNING: Make sure EAPS ring-ports are deleted from the VLAN first. Otherwise
deleting VLAN from the EAPS domain could cause a loop in the network!
Are you sure you want to remove VLAN p2p_COH_LHVlan_905 before deleting EAPS ring-ports? (y/N) BD10K_1301_Fannin.2 # No
Operation cancelled.

3 REPLIES 3

Naresh
Extreme Employee
Hi Tiburcio,

Are you looking for the steps to delete the vlan using the Netsight Or using the switch’s CLI?

If you are trying to delete the specified Vlan from the specified Eaps domain, first we need to delete the ring ports (the primary and the secondary ports) from the protected VLAN before deleting the protected VLAN from the EAPS domain. Failure to do so can cause a loop in the network.

FYI, I found the solution to this issue. you assign the Delete vlan script to the device group.

Trying to Delete from Netsight, in Ridgeline 4.0 I would select the vlan I wanted to delete and it would delete the vlan from all devices including the eaps domain it was in. When I try to delete the vlan from the edit membership from Netsight the operation fails, because it ask to delete the vlan from the Eaps Domain and there is no way for me to select yes from Netsight.
GTM-P2G8KFN