Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rollout a banner with "hostname" as a system variable

How to rollout a banner with "hostname" as a system variable

aloeffle
Contributor
Dear all.

I have many many EOS Devices which need a new banner "motd".
The new banner message must include the individual hostname.

My plan was to do a rollout using the command script in NetSight console.
Sadly I am not able to define a variable, which insert the individual hostname of every device.
%SYSNAME% or %HOSTNAME% does not work here.

Using the system-defined variable %DEVICEIP% will work fine. The actual IP-Adress of the device is inserted in the banner message.

Does anyone have a solution!?
Thank you very much in advance
regards
Alexander

2 REPLIES 2

aloeffle
Contributor
Hello Keith,

If you can open a FR would be very fine! Can you do this or should I open a case via support-portal?

Thanks and best regards

Alex

Mullins__Keith
New Contributor
Hi Alexander,

I have included below an excerpt taken from the Inventory Manager guide (page 68) that references the current variables that can be used. We could open up a new functionality request for you to add this feature in a future version of the product.

--
There are five NetSight system-defined variables that can be used in a script (however, not in a pre-script or a post-script). These variables are resolved by the NetSight Command Script service:

%DEVICEIP% - The IP address of the currently selected device.
%LOGINUSER% - The login username configured in the Profile of the selected device.
%LOGINPSWD% - The login password configured in the Profile of the selected device.
%ENABLEPSWD% -The enable password configured in the Profile of the selected device.
%CONFIGPSWD% - The config password configured in the Profile for the selected device.
GTM-P2G8KFN