cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is an additional license for Extreme Analytics GRE mirror on SSA 150 necessary?

Is an additional license for Extreme Analytics GRE mirror on SSA 150 necessary?

Christoph
Contributor
We would like to use a SSA-T1068-0652A to gain NetFlow and MirrorN data. Do we need the S-EOS-S150 license to tunnel the mirrored data to a PurView appliance? Kind regards
Christoph

3 REPLIES 3

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hi,

as I understand it, the SSA 150 needs the S-EOS-L3-S150 license to allow tunneling.

The release notes of firmware version 8.62.02.0022 says:
The S-EOS-L3-S150 license adds tunneling support to the S150 Class of HW. This license will be extended in the future to add additional tunneling options. The S155 class supports these features without the need for the license.
The GTAC Knowledge articles Is there licensing needed for GRE on S150 hardware? and How many GRE tunnels can be created on an S-Series say the same.

If you do not need tunneling, but can use a direct connection between the SSA and the ExtremeAnalytics (I think that is the current name of PurView) appliance, you probably do not need the license.

Thanks,
Erik

edited for typos...

Hi James,

thanks for the correction!

It would be nice if Extreme would add this to the GTAC Knowledge articles I linked to above...

Erik

You don't need the license for remote port mirroring since 8.21:
Remote Port Mirroring
Enhancements in 8.21.02.0001
Remote port mirroring is now included in the base firmware and does not need a feature license.
And I've definitely sent MirrorN traffic to a Purview VM via remote port mirror without a license.
GTM-P2G8KFN